Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a dish I came up with to serve with HeatherFeather's Red Wine & Rosemary Sauce over Linguine. This is so simple and extremely easy. I pan-fry the chicken in a skillet, then prepare the sauce in the same skillet. You might get some blackened 'stuff' in the pasta sauce - I strain it first before serving.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Pound the chicken breasts with a meat mallet or a rolling pin, to tenderize the meat and ensure uniform thickness.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken and let sit for 15 minutes or so.
- Heat a skillet over med-high heat, and add olive oil.
- When pan is sufficiently heated, sear chicken breasts over high heat.
- Allow about 2 minutes (until lightly browned) before turning to other side.
- Optional: Before serving, sprinkle grated cheese on chicken and broil for approx 5-10 mins (until cheese is melted).
- Serving suggestions: Serve this over pasta, or as chicken sandwich with fresh tomatoes, lettuce and mustard/mayo.
- Personally I love this with fried rice too.
Sooo good! I added some ground italian seasoning to the breasts and I deglazed the pan with a little water, garlic, and dijon mustard which made the perfect sauce for the chicken and broccoli I served along side with a nice helping of mashed potatoes! A very delicious dinner that I will definitely make again! Thank you:)
This was just what I was looking for and came out perfect. Thanks for posting!
Yum! This was so simple and good. I can't believe how much flavor there was with such simple ingredients. Thanks WaterMelon for a nice keeper. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.