Recipe by WaterMelon
This is a dish I came up with to serve with HeatherFeather's Red Wine & Rosemary Sauce over Linguine. This is so simple and extremely easy. I pan-fry the chicken in a skillet, then prepare the sauce in the same skillet. You might get some blackened 'stuff' in the pasta sauce - I strain it first before serving.
Top Review by KayL
Excellent! I needed a simple starter recipe for a quick chicken dinner that required few ingredients. I brined the chicken breasts before pan-frying them. I didn't make any changes to the recipe. The flavor was perfect. Thanks for sharing this!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the chicken breasts with a meat mallet or a rolling pin, to tenderize the meat and ensure uniform thickness.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken and let sit for 15 minutes or so.
- Heat a skillet over med-high heat, and add olive oil.
- When pan is sufficiently heated, sear chicken breasts over high heat.
- Allow about 2 minutes (until lightly browned) before turning to other side.
- Optional: Before serving, sprinkle grated cheese on chicken and broil for approx 5-10 mins (until cheese is melted).
- Serving suggestions: Serve this over pasta, or as chicken sandwich with fresh tomatoes, lettuce and mustard/mayo.
- Personally I love this with fried rice too.