Recipe by aMused chef
If you're looking for a simple recipe that really preserves the delicate flavor of sea bass, then I highly recommend you try this one. You can try this with other types of fish but my version used a Chilean sea bass. The original recipe came from SparkRecipes and this is my simplified version of it. Enjoy!
Top Review by spudsy512
Really, really delicious. I tweaked the recipe just a bit...using only half of the pepper and freshly picked garlic. Also, I poured wine into the dish after the first cooking period as I was adding the parsley. This created a beautiful sauce as the fish juices and wine reduced over the next few minutes....
- 1 lb sea bass (cleaned and scaled)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar (optional) or 1⁄3 cup white wine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450F°.
- In a cup, mix garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Place fish in a shallow glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Rub fish with oil mixture.
- (Optional) Pour wine over fish.
- Bake fish, uncovered, for 15 minutes; then sprinkle with parsley or Italian seasoning and continue to bake for 5 more minutes (or until the thickest part of the fish flakes easily).
- Drizzle remaining pan juices over fish and garnish with lemon wedges.