Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you're looking for a simple recipe that really preserves the delicate flavor of sea bass, then I highly recommend you try this one. You can try this with other types of fish but my version used a Chilean sea bass. The original recipe came from SparkRecipes and this is my simplified version of it. Enjoy!
- 1 lb sea bass (cleaned and scaled)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar (optional) or 1⁄3 cup white wine (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F°.
- In a cup, mix garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Place fish in a shallow glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Rub fish with oil mixture.
- (Optional) Pour wine over fish.
- Bake fish, uncovered, for 15 minutes; then sprinkle with parsley or Italian seasoning and continue to bake for 5 more minutes (or until the thickest part of the fish flakes easily).
- Drizzle remaining pan juices over fish and garnish with lemon wedges.
Really, really delicious. I tweaked the recipe just a bit...using only half of the pepper and freshly picked garlic. Also, I poured wine into the dish after the first cooking period as I was adding the parsley. This created a beautiful sauce as the fish juices and wine reduced over the next few minutes....
This is definitely a simple and tasty recipe if you're short on time and ingredients.
The only change I would make is that if you plan on adding wine/vinegar onto the fish, its better to pour that on the fish first, then add the garlic mixture or you'll end up washing off the garlic mixture on the fish.
Hello from Ukraine! Sorry for my English, but this quick&simple recipe is wonderful! The meat of sea bass, wheach we have just baked with my girl, is very-very tender, non-fat and useful. I used white chardonnay from Chile according to optional recommendations of original recipe. We have just had great dinner! Respect to author of recipe!