Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
this is a quick and easy Orzo salad. Try and find heirloom plum tomatoes if possible. They make the dish.
- 1 cup dried orzo pasta
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 kalamata olives (pitted)
- 6 heirloom plum tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh feta cheese, cubed (not crumbles)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a small skillet combine orzo, garlic, onion, chicken stock and one cup of water.
- Cook the orzo over medium heat in the chicken stock and add water as needed. Cook until the orzo is tender. About 10 minutes.
- Drain the orzo and allow to cool for five minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and toss until everything is well mixed. Add salt as needed.