Recipe by taste all at least once
This recipe has been passed down through women in my family for 5 generations. I love this rendition of Apple Crisp because it is fairly simple to make, absolutely delicious, child friendly, and there are excellent textural differences in each bite. Good served with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or simply by itself.
Top Review by CarrolJ
This recipe was a big hit with the 5 of us who ate it. The aroma while it was baking almost drove everyone nuts, it smelled so good. This is indeed easy and delicious. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
- 8 medium sized tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch, prepared
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine apples, lemon juice,white sugar, 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon and corn starch, toss to combine.
- Layer apple slices in the bottom of a buttered 8x10 baking pan, pouring any remaining juices over the top.
- Combine brown sugar, remaining cinnamon, and oatmeal in a bowl.
- Cut in butter.
- Sprinkle sugar/oat mixture evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until topping looks crunchy and the apples are tender.