Recipe by Green Cuisine
This is a simple cranberry sauce recipe that can be made even easier by substituting 1 cup of orange juice for the fresh orange. Sweetness can be adjusted depending on taste. I'd recommend anywhere from 1/3 to 1 cup. All organic ingredients can be substituted, depending on availability.
- 1⁄2 cup organic sugar
- 1 organic orange, juice of, and
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cups organic cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup organic pecans (optional) or 1⁄2 cup organic walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer orange peel, orange juice, sugar and ginger in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add the cranberries and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until they "pop".
- If desired, lightly toast nuts in a small frying pan over low to medium heat while cranberries are cooking.
- Add nuts, remove from heat and cool.