Recipe by BakerBeth
This recipe was inspired by one in Eating Well magazine. I add the dried cranberries because the flavors go well together and for tartness. I usually serve this with spicy Mexican food.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Made for ZWT This is tasty and thirst quenching. I enjoyed the different flavors of the fruits together, the sweetness of the orange sand the tart of the cranberry. Refreshing. I will make this again through the summer as a side salad or a appie for those hot days. I did not think the cinnamin was needed and would try this without next time to see the difference. DH was not fond of it's taste as it took away from the orange flavor. Thank you for a new and tasty treat to serve company in a flash as oranges and cranberries are staples. I can also see making this with pears, or apples as the seasons change. Thank you.
- 3 oranges
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- With a sharp knife, slice one orange in half.In a small bowl, combine juice of one half of sliced orange, juice of half of a lemon, sugar and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- With the remaining 2 1/2 oranges, slice off peel and white pith with a sharp knife. Then slice oranges into 1/4 inch slices.
- Toss orange slices and dried cranberries with juice mixture and chill until ready to serve.