The weather is improving and my taste for sangria is on the rise! I love this particularly simple recipe. You will too!
- Cut 1 orange into thin slices, then into quarters, and reserve for garnish.
- With vegetable peeler or zester, thinly remove outer peel from second orange.
- In large bowl, using a spoon, bruise the peel with the sugar to release the oils.
- Stir in orange juice, wine and liqueur.
- Cover and chill. Remove orange peel after 15 minutes.
- Serve the sangria, garnished with the orange slices, over ice.
I'm not really a big red wine fan so I was hoping the orange additions would really dominate in this, this was nice, simple to put together & a great idea but for my tastes I will up the orange juice & liqueur even more for next time. My mum loved this though so have given her the recipe to take home! Thanks for posting!
made this for a bbq this past saturday. everyone said it was really good and i went through 2(gallon) pitchers of it so it must have been true! i sadly couldn't have any but i did take a sip and it was good, very orangey. thanks for a quick and easy to double drink recipe for a crowd!
A nice and easy red sangria! Wonderfully refreshing as the weather gets warmer. Thanks for the post! ZWT 3