This is the only way my daughter will eat fish (so far.) We think it tastes a little like lobster. You could probably use almost any white fish fillets. Sometimes I don't even thaw the fillets. I just rinse them for a minute under warm water. Dry off with a paper towel. Then I broil them for 1 or 2 more minutes on each side. Really fast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- 2Place fish on the pan.
- 3I keep my lemon juice (from a bottle) in a spray bottle (either from salad dressing, or you can buy them from Pampered Chef or culinary stores) I store it in the refrigerator. Spray fish lightly on one side with the lemon juice.
- 4Spray fish lightly with the margarine, or spread on some melted butter.
- 5Sprinkle lightly with Old Bay Seasoning.
- 6Broil about 6 inches from heat for 5 minutes. Turn fish and broil for another 4 - 6 minutes, or until fillets flake easily with a fork.
- 7Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve.
- 8Note: I also keep olive oil in a spray bottle. You could probably substitute olive oil spray for the margarine, but I have not tried this yet.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Orange Roughy
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.1
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 90.9 mg
- Sodium 110.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 24.9 g