- 1 cup sifted plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 cups grated cheese (cheddar is good)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- --------For Pastry base----------.
- Mix together and pat into a medium pie dish.
- Simmer onions in melted butter just until soft, season and leave to cool.
- Place on top of pastry.
- Mix together egg and cream and pour over onions.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 425°F (220°C) for 20-25 minutes.
- I serve it with with a tomato and basil salad with a balsamic vinigar dressing and tiny new potatoes.