Recipe by kellcinn
A friend shared this recipe with me many years ago and we think they are simply good! My family has never tired of them. They are a thin soft cookie that stores well. Makes about 3 dozen.
Top Review by Stephanie R.
My mother in law won't even eat them! They took twice as long to cook as stated and tasted like salt and flour...eww be safe and pick another recipe otherwise use butter and 1/4th tsp of both salt and baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl beat eggs until frothy, beat in sugars.
- Add oil and vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water and stir into egg mixture.
- In a seperate bowl mix oats, flour, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir oats mixture into egg mixture, mix well.
- Drop by teaspoons onto greased baking sheet.
- Let cool for a few minutes before removing.
- Bake for 8 minutes.