1/1 Photo of Simple, Not Mushy, Asparagus
I have tried a variety of asparagus recipes over the years--sauteed, grilled, baked--and I have always been disappointed in the results. This is a simple boiled recipe that always gives me a nicely textured and tasty asparagus.
My Private Note
- 1Rinse and trim asparagus.
- 2Lay the spears, in the same direction, in a large frying pan.
- 3Add an inch or two of water and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- 4Reduce temperature and simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 5Remove from pan and top with butter and salt.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple, Not Mushy, Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.4
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 80.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g