Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so quick and easy it's scary! My husband loves these so I know they're good. Great to make up and put in the frig, then when you get home from work, just pop in the oven. Sorry... just taking a guess on the prep & cook times.
- 2 (4 ounce) cans whole green chilies
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese (can use more depending on size of chilies) or 4 ounces cream cheese (can use more depending on size of chilies)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- your favorite salsa
- Split chilies down one side.
- Fill each with some cheese and reshape the chilies.
- Put in baking pan sprayed with cooking spray and top with cheddar, then salsa.
- Bake at 350 till hot.
This is a lovely light supper dish (or luncheon dish). Low calorie, but great flavors. I used light cream cheese and fat free cheddar cheese and it worked well for us. I also let the chiles bake for 15 minutes, added the salsa, and baked for another 5 minutes. Thanks, yogi for a great recipe.
This is great! I did it once as advised and and once again with a pound of ground round w/bell peppers and onions- both were great- Had to add the meat- or else it's not a meal in the eyes of my husband...