Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Hot & bubbly nacho dip, yet super simple. Great for a Game Day Appetizer. You can add or omit ingredients to please your taste. Substitute the chili for salsa to make vegetarian.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili (I use Hormel with beans but any chili is fine or even browned ground meat with taco seasoning)
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I use sharp but you can also use taco blend or whatever you prefer)
- 1 dash cooking spray
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Spray glass baking dish (I use rectangular) with cooking spray for easier cleaning.
- Place both packages of cream cheese in bottom of baking dish. Microwave x 1 minute to soften then spread to coat entire bottom of dish.
- Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder.
- Top with both cans of chili.
- Sprinkle drained olives & spread evenly over chili.
- Next sprinkle onion layer over olives.
- Top with cheddar.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 350 degrees x 20-25 minutes. Remove foil & bake another 10 minutes until cheese melted.
I gave this 3 stars. I made this recipe for our New Years Eve party. My hubby recieved a copy of this recipe from a co-worker. When I made this I left out the black olives. We weren't crazy of this not being mixed together. The next day we mixed it together and it was so much better! So in the future I will mix it together and serve! Thanks for posting a good recipe. Christine
This was a good dip. It would be great for potlucks.
This dip is to die for....easy, relatively inexpensive and good. I often halve this dip and make it in a round, glass pie plate. When I'm taking it to a friend's house, I put everything together at home and wrap it (without cooking). Then when I get where I'm going, I nuke it for exactly 5 minutes and it's perfect! There is never, ever a drop left. Try this dip...you'll love it!