Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This soup is simple to make, low in calories, and tastes much richer than you would expect. You can spice it up with some chili powder and add increase the quantity of broth to make it more liquid. You can leave it chunky or blend it for a smoother texture.
- 3⁄4 lb mushroom
- 2 cups broth
- 12 ounces low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Finely chop mushrooms.
- In a pot, saute the mushrooms in the oil until they are well cooked.
- Add broth and simmer for awhile.
- Add seasoning and evaporated milk.
- Continue heating, taking off the fire just before it starts to boil.
This recipe couldn't be much easier! I made half of the recipe for lunch today and it was just perfect. I had beef broth on hand so I used that, made the recipe exactly as listed and just sprinkled some chopped chives on top. I used quite a bit of pepper - I like that in soup! Made for my fellow Chef Gone Wild for ZWT8. Thanks alvinakatz! :)
Made using cremini's and it turned out to be delicious. It's light but satisfying and the health factor fabulous. It's easy peasy too. Made for ZWT 8
light creamy and has no gluten in it for people that are looking for this type of recipe cakepops on parade