Recipe by Lennie
My grandmother made these in the '60s whenever she entertained; imagine my surprise when I found this in a cookbook as an actual recipe! This brought back a ton of memories -- one of them that these were delicious!
Top Review by luvmybge
I made these last week for a little 'get-together' and everyone loved them. After brushing with butter, I rolled them in toasted sesame seeds. To some of them I added some curry powder in with the soup mix. Such an easy recipe and you can always have the ingredients on hand ready to serve those 'unexpected' guests. Deeelish! They freeze well, too (freeze before toasting).
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 loaf sliced white bread
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter (, you may need more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Remove crusts from a few bread slices; set crusts aside for another use.
- Flatten bread slices lightly, with a rolling pin.
- Spread with undiluted soup, then roll up jelly-roll style and secure with a couple of toothpicks.
- Keep making slices until you run out of soup.
- Place rolls on an ungreased baking sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Bake until bread is toasted, about 10 to 15 minutes-- keep an eye on them.