My grandmother made these in the '60s whenever she entertained; imagine my surprise when I found this in a cookbook as an actual recipe! This brought back a ton of memories -- one of them that these were delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 loaf sliced white bread
- 1/4 cup melted butter (, you may need more)
- 1Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- 2Remove crusts from a few bread slices; set crusts aside for another use.
- 3Flatten bread slices lightly, with a rolling pin.
- 4Spread with undiluted soup, then roll up jelly-roll style and secure with a couple of toothpicks.
- 5Keep making slices until you run out of soup.
- 6Place rolls on an ungreased baking sheet and brush with melted butter.
- 7Bake until bread is toasted, about 10 to 15 minutes-- keep an eye on them.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Mushroom Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.6
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 949.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g