Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My grandmother made these in the '60s whenever she entertained; imagine my surprise when I found this in a cookbook as an actual recipe! This brought back a ton of memories -- one of them that these were delicious!
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 loaf sliced white bread
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter (, you may need more)
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Remove crusts from a few bread slices; set crusts aside for another use.
- Flatten bread slices lightly, with a rolling pin.
- Spread with undiluted soup, then roll up jelly-roll style and secure with a couple of toothpicks.
- Keep making slices until you run out of soup.
- Place rolls on an ungreased baking sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Bake until bread is toasted, about 10 to 15 minutes-- keep an eye on them.