Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple recipe to make, We have a micro at work and some days I take this for my lunch. Jess96
Make and share this Simple Mozzarella- Vegetable Dish recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine (I just use olive oil spray)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup sliced zucchini (I use peppers or what ever I have)
- 1⁄2 cup canned crushed tomatoes (again I use low sodiam tomato sauce or what I have in the house)
- 2 ounces low fat mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices
- In an 8-inch non-stick skillet, heat margarine untill hot (or oil spray).
- Add celery and garlic and sauté untill garlic is lightly browned.
- Add zucchini or (peppers) and sauté untill tender crisp.
- Stir in tomatoes or (sauce) and seasonings and simmer until veggies are tender and there's not much liquid left.
- Sprinkle hot veggies with grated mozzerella or pop in micro to melt.
This was a very tasty side dish! I sauted the vegetables in butter. I used celery, zucchini, red pepper, and fresh diced tomatoes. I added the mozarella, and let it brown a bit under the broiler. I also sprinkled the finshed dish with a little grated parmesan. Very Good. I will make this again!