Recipe by Jewelies
Easy Moroccan Chicken that is nice served with couscous, yoghurt and bread.
Top Review by Chef floWer
I made this for *Zaar World Tour III* - This was different to other Maroccan Chickens I have had but it was very yummy. I kept to the recipe and didn't change a thing, however I didn't have fresh coriander so I left them out. Thank you Jewelies
- 500 g chicken fillets, cut into 2 cm dice
- 3 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons sumaq
- 1⁄4 cup sultana
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 50 g pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Season flour with salt and pepper and toss chicken.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over high heat until hot then cook chicken in batches until golden, set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in pan and add onions, reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, stirring, until golden and softened.
- Return chicken to pan with spices, sultanas and stock.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes until heated through and thickened slightly.
- Stir in pine nuts, coriander and lemon juice.
- Serve with lemon wedges on side.