Recipe by strangelittlebeast
A sweet tangy carrot salad with the flavors of North Africa.Completely different from the classic carrot raisin salad known in America.Very good,and improves over time.
- 7 large carrots, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons unrefined sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Wash carrots well and shred using the largest holes in a grater.
- Mix together all ingredients.Cover and chill overnight.Serve cold or room temperature.