Just like Bennigan's but so much easier!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices Texas toast thick bread, white bread slices
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli cooked turkey
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli cooked smoked ham
- 8 (3/4 ounce) swiss cheese, slices
- powdered sugar
- 1Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- 2Dip both side of each slice of bread into batter mixture.
- 3Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; add battered bread slices and cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 4Spread 1 tbsp strawberry jam on each bread slice.
- 5Add turkey, ham and cheese on top of 2 bread slices and then top with remaining slice to make a sandwich.
- 6Place sandwiches on baking sheet and broil on middle oven rack 3-5 minutes or just until cheese melts making sure to flip them half way through and checking constantly not to burn them.
- 7Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (907 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1059.8
- Calories from Fat 484
- Total Fat 53.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.9 g
- Cholesterol 410.9 mg
- Sodium 2372.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 65.8 g