Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Miso soup has always been my favorite part when eating at our favorite Sushi bar. There's just something so wonderful and warming about this simple soup. What took me so long to make it at home? It takes just 10 minuts and 4 ingredients to have a cup of this traditional Asian soup at home anytime. Perfect for cold days and when your feeling under the weather.
- 1⁄4 cup sea kelp
- 1 cup home made vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup organic tofu
- 2 tablespoons organic miso
- thinly sliced scallion
- First, soak sea weed in warm water for 5-10 minutes. Chop. Use however much you'd like. A pinch or a small handful.
- Simply heat 1 cup vegetable broth over medium-high heat. Add chopped tofu. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Place a spoonful of Miso (adjust amount to your taste.) in a small bowl. Using a ladle, pour some of the heated broth into the bowl and gently whisk to combine. Remove broth from heat. Ladle into individual bowls, add Miso and see weed.
- *Do not cook Miso paste. Not only will it turn gritty but it will kill the live cultures! Poooor cultures.