Recipe by Marsha D.
I love mint ice cream and when I came across this recipe I just had to make it to see how good it was. The results was awesome. I rather make my own mint chocolate chip ice cream than buying it in the stores. We love this recipe.
Top Review by Georgia Jill
My husband requested mint chocolate chip ice cream for Fatherâ€™s Day and this recipe was exactly what I was looking for! The flavor is wonderful and I like how we can change the amount of mint flavoring to suit our tastes. The recipe was also very fast and easy, not keeping me in the kitchen over a stove making a custard. Ironically, the only reason we are not rating it a five star is actually due to the fact that we did not make a custard base. For this reason, the ice cream did not have a very creamy texture like we prefer. For ease and flavor, this is a 5 star. For texture, it is a 3-4 star.
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, or less
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 -3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl stir together milk, whipping cream, sugar,salt,vanilla and peppermint extracts until sugar is dissolved.
- drop food coloring in a this time if desired.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and fellow manufactors directions.
- After 10 minutes into freezing add chocolate chips.
- After ice maker has finish its process, put ice cream in a container to fit and freeze in the freezer for 2 hours to harden more.