Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love mint ice cream and when I came across this recipe I just had to make it to see how good it was. The results was awesome. I rather make my own mint chocolate chip ice cream than buying it in the stores. We love this recipe.
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, or less
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 -3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl stir together milk, whipping cream, sugar,salt,vanilla and peppermint extracts until sugar is dissolved.
- drop food coloring in a this time if desired.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and fellow manufactors directions.
- After 10 minutes into freezing add chocolate chips.
- After ice maker has finish its process, put ice cream in a container to fit and freeze in the freezer for 2 hours to harden more.
This recipe is so wonderful! Have made it three times and it is extremely easy to make and is just smooth and terrific. I use regular milk chocolate chips and chop them up a bit because I haven't had mini chips around the house lately. I made it with half and half and heavy cream instead of the low fat milk - so decadent! I also used fat free milk and cream and it was just as good. Thanks for sharing this!
All the boys gave this 5 stars. I had to use the regular sized chocolate chips, but it didn't matter. Everyone loved it and very very easy to make, in fact, this is the first time I have made ice cream and it came out wonderfully. Thanks so much! ~ update: needed an easy recipe for cookies and cream ice cream and adapted this - left out peppermint, added extra tsp vanilla, and whipped it up in the ice cream maker, then stirred in cookies before popping the whole of it in my freezer for a few hours. Big hit! Thanks again!
My husband requested mint chocolate chip ice cream for Fatherâ€™s Day and this recipe was exactly what I was looking for! The flavor is wonderful and I like how we can change the amount of mint flavoring to suit our tastes. The recipe was also very fast and easy, not keeping me in the kitchen over a stove making a custard. Ironically, the only reason we are not rating it a five star is actually due to the fact that we did not make a custard base. For this reason, the ice cream did not have a very creamy texture like we prefer. For ease and flavor, this is a 5 star. For texture, it is a 3-4 star.