Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Quick and easy to put together in your crock pot. If I have a parmesan cheese rind, I throw that in during the cooking for authentic Italian flavor.
- 1 lb chicken sausage (spicy or mild Italian)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canchopped zucchini with Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green beans
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can carrots, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained
- 3 cups V8 vegetable juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces small shell pasta
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Brown chicken sausage and then slice into bite-size pieces.
- Add the sausage and all ingredients except for the pasta and cheese to a large crock pot (do not drain vegetables).
- Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package directions (slightly undercook).
- Add pasta to the crock pot and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.