Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is for the basic beginners who have just bought a brand new micro and want some food to be made tasty and quick in it. Well, others experienced with the micro can also give this a shot. Its a tasty meal. Enjoy! Here are 2 important tips for using a microwave: 1. Do not turn your oven on when it is empty because microwaves may damage the cavity. If you accidentally turn on the empty oven, leave a cup of water inside to absorb the microwaves. 2. Microwaves cannot pass through metal. Do not use metal or aluminium utensils in your microwave oven including utensils with metallic decorations around the rim as well as enamelled cookware. The utensil is still metal inside inspite of the enamelled coating. Have fun cooking!
- 1 cup long-grain basmati rice, washed and soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, chopped
- 2 green chilies
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice with water on HIGH power level for 16 minutes in a microwave proof dish.
- In another microwave proof dish, cook the mixed vegetables in 1/2 cup water for 8 minutes on MEDIUM HIGH power level.
- Heat oil in a small pot. Toss in the onion and chillies and saute until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder in another bowl.
- Cook for 5 minutes on HIGH heat.
- Add the cooked rice and veggies to this masala and mix well.
- Remove and serve hot with cucumber-tomato raita.