Recipe by Mrs. Sherm
This is the way my mother introduced us to F.O.S. in the 80s. It is still my favorite soup recipe and is made in the microwave with very little prep.
Top Review by mums the word
Made for My 3 Chefs - Very good soup and quite similar to my stove top recipe. I think the only thing I missed was that I caramelize my onions and it adds great colour and flavour. Thx Mrs. Sherm.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice onions.
- Place onions and butter in microwave-safe dish and microwave on high 4-6 minutes.
- Add water and seasonings to onions.
- Stir to combine ingredients, then microwave on high 5 minutes.
- Change power setting to 50% (medium) and microwave 15-20 minutes.
- Toast bread and place in to bowls.
- Ladle soup over bread, top with mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Microwave 5 minutes on medium until cheese is melted.