1/2 Photos of Simple Microwave French Onion Soup
Mrs. Sherm's Note:
This is the way my mother introduced us to F.O.S. in the 80s. It is still my favorite soup recipe and is made in the microwave with very little prep.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice onions.
- 2Place onions and butter in microwave-safe dish and microwave on high 4-6 minutes.
- 3Add water and seasonings to onions.
- 4Stir to combine ingredients, then microwave on high 5 minutes.
- 5Change power setting to 50% (medium) and microwave 15-20 minutes.
- 6Toast bread and place in to bowls.
- 7Ladle soup over bread, top with mozzarella cheese.
- 8Sprinkle with parmesan.
- 9Microwave 5 minutes on medium until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Microwave French Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.4
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 1811.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 19.9 g