Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just like the salsa I enjoyed in a small restaurant in downtown Cancun - took me a while to get it just right!
- 4 ripe fresh tomatoes (RIPE tastes better!)
- 1 onion
- 1 lime
- 1 ripe jalapeno pepper (2 if you like it HOT!)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Chop up the tomatoes to your preferred size.
- Dice the onion (if it is a large onion you may only want to use half).
- Chop up the cilantro and the pepper.
- Put it all into a bowl and squeeze all of the juice from the lime on top.
- Add a bit of salt.
- stir it up.
Haven't been to Cancun, Mr. Duck_Man, but I can assure you that I'm real glad you have! Your salsa is just dandy. Just the right amount of heat and downright good flavor. Kudos to you for posting a keeper! Laudee C.
I really was glad to find a recipe without garlic as my husband doesn't eat it. I only had dried ciantro and 3 tomatoes. I did use my mini food processor to chop and mix together. We used it for recipe #38947 burrito bake and ate the left overs with chips. I will make this again.
Thank you! Used dried cilantro maybe 1/2tsp-1tsp not sure. Also used a pickled jalape?o didn't have fresh handy. Added 1clove garlic. Simple easy and yummy used food processor.