Recipe by Sam #3
From Betty Crocker's New Eat and Lose Weight Cookbook.
Top Review by Shalabhanjika
I am eating this right now and it is AWESOME!!! I gave it five stars for the flavor and for the fact that it is probably the quickest and easiest thing I've ever made. I topped it with green onion and cilantro, and non-fat plain yogurt. You could vary it with different types of salsa, or perhaps add ground beef to the egg-and-rice mixture. If my husband leaves any leftovers, it will be great for breakfast. This is sure to be a staple in my house! Update: made to drop off uncooked at my sis & bro-in-law's house who had just come home with their new baby. The loved it. I only had Monterey Jack cheese on hand, used brown rice, and this time only had a can of refried beans instead of pinto.
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa, divided
- 1 cup cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (12 ounce) can pinto beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8in square baking dish.
- Mix rice, egg, 1/2 cup of salsa, 1/2 cup of cheese and chili powder, press into bottom of dish.
- Mix beans and remaining salsa.
- Spoon over rice mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes.