Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another tasty recipe from Super Food Ideas. A nice change from regular meatloaf, and using different heat levels of salsa this can be as mild or as spicy as you wish.
- 2 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 400 g pork mince
- 400 g beef mince
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup salsa (your choice, mild, medium or hot)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Spray a meat loaf tin with oil spray to grease.
- Roughly tear bread up and place in a large bowl and add the milk. Leave for a couple of minutes.
- Add beef and pork mince, onion, cumin, eggs, olives, parsley and 1/2 cup salsa.
- Mix with your hands until well combined.
- Place mixture into meat loaf tin and pan down. Spoon the rest of the salsa over the top.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour or until firm in the centre.
A delicious, moist meatloaf. Made it without the pork though. Go ahead and add some jalapeno's if you are looking for some extra heat. Sour cream and salsa on the side. Will be making again.
I couldn't believe the mouth watering aroma from this meatloaf while it was cooking. I used medium salsa but will use hot next time even with the medium it had great flavor. Instead of 2 slices of bread I used 1 cup of Panko crumbs. Served with a BBQ'd potato, fresh green beans & new carrots Mmmmm. Seved with extra salsa on the side
This was quick and easy to make but for some reason it was quite dry (maybe my meat was too low fat?). I think a cup of grated cheese in the mix would have fixed that, and I wish I'd used a hot salsa rather than a mild roasted cpsicum one. I would make it again with the changes I just mentioned.