Recipe by Sarah
Another tasty recipe from Super Food Ideas. A nice change from regular meatloaf, and using different heat levels of salsa this can be as mild or as spicy as you wish.
Top Review by prttyby19
A delicious, moist meatloaf. Made it without the pork though. Go ahead and add some jalapeno's if you are looking for some extra heat. Sour cream and salsa on the side. Will be making again.
- 2 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 400 g pork mince
- 400 g beef mince
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup salsa (your choice, mild, medium or hot)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Spray a meat loaf tin with oil spray to grease.
- Roughly tear bread up and place in a large bowl and add the milk. Leave for a couple of minutes.
- Add beef and pork mince, onion, cumin, eggs, olives, parsley and 1/2 cup salsa.
- Mix with your hands until well combined.
- Place mixture into meat loaf tin and pan down. Spoon the rest of the salsa over the top.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour or until firm in the centre.