Recipe by KookieMomster
I decided to try to make a very basic meatloaf, one that I knew I couldn't mess up. I am so tired of loving my cooking and having to force the kids to eat. I think that this was just right. We had plain cheese ravioli with butter with this. I would recommend trying them as a side at your home too.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 -3 tablespoon milk, just add a little at a time
- 1⁄2 cup very finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup very finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce or 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- salt and pepper
- 3 dashes steak sauce (for flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Crush or grind dry stuffing into bread crumbs, I used my food processor.
- Pour crumbs into a large mixing bowl and add eggs, milk, salt and pepper, steak sauce.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in meat, onions and celery.
- Mix very well.
- Transfer to a good baking pan, I use a small cast iron pot with a lid, pat down and cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove lid and top with sauce.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for 15 minutes longer.
- I have to turn down the heat at this point so that it doesn't get too crunchy on the edges (225°F is warm enough).
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minute.