Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I was looking for a quick and simple meatball recipe for some pasta and red sauce, AND I had a package of vegetarin burger crumbles to use up. This recipe comes from the Lightlife website. Recipe freezes well. To reheat frozen meatballs, simmer in sauce for 15-20 minutes.
- 1 (12 ounce) package veggie crumbles
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk, unsweetened (or our favorite unsweetened non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetarian worcestershire sauce or 2 teaspoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon flax seed, ground plus
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix ingredients.
- Shape into approximately 36 1 1/2" balls.
- Cook in greased pan (13x9x2) in 400 degree oven until light brown, about 25 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite pasta and red sauce.