Recipe by All Thumbs
This is an easy blend that I came up with after looking at a few different recipes. It just happened to please my family; I'm posting it here so I won't lose it, lol. They tend to like foods fairly bland and boring. I didn't measure to see how many cups of bread crumbs I got, as I kept crumbling slices of toast until it looked right. And the beef broth was my own homemade, still gelled from being in the fridge; I don't know if canned would be different.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
When I read this recipe I knew we would love it because of its simplicity. The flavors were just excellent. I used the full package of the onion soup mix, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and 1/2 cup of the beef broth. I believe I added an additional 1/2 cup of the breadcrumbs after adding the broth as I thought the mixture was too wet. I baked 1/2 of the meat loaf and froze the other half for another time. thanks for sharing. Made for Fall 2011 PAC
- 2 1⁄4 lbs ground beef (I used 85% lean)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs (I used about 10 slices of dry toast)
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix (try to get about half the powder and half the dried onion flakes)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 cup beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Crumble beef into large mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well with hands.
- Shape into two oblong loaves.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until at least 160F inside.
- We like ours well done; after 80 minutes it was 180F and perfect.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.