Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great substitute for mashed potatoes, especially for those following Weight Watchers Points because it works out to 3/4 of a point per serve. I have put the points for ingredients in brackets.
- 1 small cauliflower (or half a large one, 0)
- 1 teaspoon onion bouillon granules (onion stock powder in NZ & Australia, 0)
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese (3)
- Steam the cauliflower until soft.
- Add the cream cheese and onion stock powder.
- Mash well together.
- That's it!
Very easy to make and eat when no potatoes can be found in the pantry. Even fooled your father :) Thanks Jo for a 'keeper':)
I've made this before but not with the onion granules and, in my case, sour cream (didn't have any cream cheese). Both of us loved it and we'll be having it again and again. Dh made me promise and I'm happy to comply. I liked the texture the food processor gave to the cauliflower. I added salt and pepper.