Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A side dish that goes with anything, can be added to a green salad with the marinade as the dressing or serve alone, regardless they are delicious!!(chill time 1 hour)
- 3 -4 large vine ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Put tomato slices overlapping in a low glass dish.
- Put marinade ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake to blend.
- Pour marinade over tomatoes, so that all are covered.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour.
This recipe is fantastic! I could eat this for breakfast, lunch and dinner! This would go well with almost any main course. Easy to make and perfect for summer! This is a refreshing recipe I could eat over and over again! When I close my eyes it makes me feel like I am in a very expensive restaurant except that these tomatoes are better than most of the food you normally get in an expensive restaurant! GOOD JOB Dorothy!!!
I wish I had been able to find some fresh basil, but even with the dry, this recipe just hit the spot! I prepared it in a 8" pie plate which seemed to be just the right size to fit the tomatoes. I allowed the tomatoes to marinate for two hours. Served alone as a side salad, with some freshly grated Parmesan Cheese sprinkled on top, it was absolutely delightful! Thanks again, Dorothy!
Dorothy I cannot say enough about how wonderful this recipe is!!!I hope everyone tries it. I will be making this often. Thaqnk you so much.