Recipe by mayness
I made some changes to a recipe I found on a blog (http://homejoys.blogspot.com/2011/11/baked-oatmeal.html) based on what I had in the kitchen at the time and what I was in the mood for. I'm sure it's excellent as written, too! It makes a very thick/dry finished product.
- 709.77 ml quick-cooking oatmeal
- 118.29 ml maple syrup
- 236.59 ml water
- 44.37 ml heavy cream
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour into greased 9x13" baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes, or until firm.
- Serve warm (or re-heated) with milk or cream on top for a softer oatmeal, or store in the refrigerator and eat as a quick snack or breakfast bar.