Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made some changes to a recipe I found on a blog (http://homejoys.blogspot.com/2011/11/baked-oatmeal.html) based on what I had in the kitchen at the time and what I was in the mood for. I'm sure it's excellent as written, too! It makes a very thick/dry finished product.
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour into greased 9x13" baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes, or until firm.
- Serve warm (or re-heated) with milk or cream on top for a softer oatmeal, or store in the refrigerator and eat as a quick snack or breakfast bar.