Recipe by Kzim4
I've made this "recipe" for years. My mom showed me how, and now I make it often. I do it now by taste, so some measurements are approximate.
Top Review by ctrmom
For years, my Aunt Carol brought this salad to family gatherings. Aunt Carol 's Shrimp Salad uses an additional can of shrimp and Miracle Whip thinned with sweet pickle juice rather than mayo - no mustard. I have always loved it. Thank you for sharing Kzim4.
- 1 (16 ounce) package small elbow macaroni or 1 (16 ounce) package salad macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise (more or less, to taste)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can baby shrimp, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon mustard (more or less, to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place in large bowl.
- Add mayonaisse, and mix well to coat all noodles.
- Add more if neccesary (you want them to be quite moist as they will absorb some as it chills).
- Mix in prepared mustard.
- Add green onions, olives and shrimp.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and chill for several hours.