Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
An adaptation from my boyfriend's Greek grandmother's recipe. So simple, even I (a non-cooker) can make them and they still taste great!
- 1⁄2 lb all white meat lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup dried Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- olive oil (for browning meatballs, not in mixture)
- Beat egg in large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Mush together well using your hands.
- Form into 1/2 inch balls.
- Heat small amount of olive oil (about 1 tsp to keep this recipe low-fat) in skillet.
- Put half the balls into the skillet and cook until browned evenly on outside.
- Remove and add remaining balls.
Very fast and easy to make
Quick! Easy! Tasty! :) I've used this recipe about five times in the past four months and its a hit every time. I've also tried by mixing in 1/2lb. sweet Italian turkey sausage and its even better with that added. (Taking the sausage out of the casing and mixing it up with the ground turkey and doubling everything else.)
This was a very quick and easy recipe. The meatballs came out great and my family didn't even notice the difference, I normally use ground beef, they ate them all up. Next time I am going to make a double batch!!!