Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
SO simple, E-A-S-Y to do! Light, healthy for you too! Quick, delicious, GREAT for entertaining, P.S. No weight you will be gaining :) Saw this in local magazine, TRUE! Can't take ALL the credit too, LOVE taste, thought you would like it too, Now WHO will do the first review? :)
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- 3 -4 tablespoons Frangelico
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup custard (low fat or no fat)
- 350 g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 250 g sponge cake fingers
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Combine coffee and liquer in dish; COOL.
- BEAT eggwhites until soft peaks.
- In separate bowl, BEAT custard, ricotta, icing sugar until smooth.
- FOLD in eggwhites.
- Dip sponge fingers into coffee mix one at a time and place in 6 cm x 18 cm square dish; I used pryex.
- SPREAD half the mixture on top of biscuits and place another layer of sponge fingers on top;.
- REFRIDGERATE for minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- SPRINKLE sifted cocoa on top before serving.
- NOTE: Strong brewed coffee is suggested.
- NOTE: Can use Marsala liquer or Kahlua or no liquer at all.
- NOTE: Can add 200g strawberries or raspberries to custard mixture.
Yum, Yum and Yum This was wonderful I make tiramisu at least 4 times a year and I love it. This is a different take on it but you have the yummy taste without all the guilt. I used a little more liquor than suggested, but hey why not have a little sin since the calories are lower. I also added raspberries as I have a bush in my back garden and wanted to use them up before they rotted, I chopped them added them to both layers. A definite keeper even my husband said I will be gaining pounds tomorrow with that one and when I told him it was low fat he couldn't believe it. We will be finishing the leftovers up tomorrow without so much guilt, as I know it is not completely sin free but as close as you can get for a dessert. Thanks for posting!!