Recipe by lovetotwirl
Don't expect miracles here, folks! Lots of low-cal substitutions make it easier on the waistline while still being a nice treat. Not as good as the yummy as the real deal, but satisfies my need for dessert!
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the Splenda and butter. Add applesauce. Beat in the egg whites, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the water until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 15 to 20 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.