Recipe by Jenny Sanders
This is adapted from one of my Great Grandmother's recipes, taken from a notebook of my Grandmothers. It was not the first recipe I tried from it as I thought they looked plain and dull. How wrong! These are tasty and easy to make; ideal for our two-person household since the recipe makes modest quantities.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly butter a large cookie sheet, or -- better -- line it with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and honey.
- Beat in the egg and almond extract.
- Stir in the oat flakes, coconut and almonds.
- Let the dough sit for 5 minutes before spooning it out.
- Use a melon-baller or spoon to press the mixture against the side of the bowl, then slide the cookie gently onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until just lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove to a rack to cool.