Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Lemon Meringue pie is one of my Mom's favorites, but being a diabetic it's not the best for her. Found this lite version in "Taste of Home" magazine and anxious to try it for her. States the diabetic exchange is 1 starch, 1 fat and 1/2 fruit. I can't vouch for that as I don't know how it's figured, but am going to try this just for her. Prep time does not include chilling time. ETA: Corrected size of pudding and jello.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
OMG, this pie is so easy and so good for a diabetic treat! I'm also going to try this with red Jello to make a nice pink pie for Spring (if Spring ever gets here LOL!) Thanks for posting a keeper Bonnie! Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.
- 226.79 g sugar-free vanilla pudding mix (Cook & Serve type)
- 85.04 g sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 551.25 ml water
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 1 reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 354.88 ml light whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, combine pudding mix and gelatine.
- Add water and lemon juice.
- Stir until smooth.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; cool clightly.
- Pour into crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- Spread with whipped topping.