Prep 3 mins
Cook 8 mins
Great as a dessert topping. Ready in less than 10 minutes. Sinfully rich yet low-calorie compared to most lemon custard/curd.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- Combine eggs, lemon rind and sugar in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent clumping, until mixture becomes well combined and light yellow.
- Add in light margarine and lemon juice, keep whisking and cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Set aside, let cool before serving.
- Mixture will thicken even more when cold.
- Enjoy on top of cakes, pies, fruit, ice cream -- or on its own!
Despite following the instructions to the letter, it came out like scrambled eggs. I had to run it through a sieve to get anything that resembled custard. The small amount of custard I managed to save tasted pretty good, but there was only enough for one serving. I shan't bother to make this again.
Wonderful lemon taste. It's a bit tart. So next time I may add more sugar. I will probably try it with splenda. It's so easy to do. Thanks Just Happy! Made for PAC Fall 2011