Cook1 hr 15 mins
I adapted this recipe from my friend Marian and Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery recipes. This is a great refreshing salad in the Summer.
- Wash lentils.
- Add water to cover lentils, boil for 2 minutes.
- Add whole onion (studded with cloves), salt, and bay leaf.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 1 hour.
- Bring to boil and cover.
- Simmer gently (to prevent breaking) for about 15 minutes (until tender, do not overcook).
- Drain, remove bay leaf and onion, then cool.
- Add scallions and parsley.
- Whisk olive oil and lemon juice to make an emulsion.
- Pour over lentil mixture and toss.
- Chill and serve.