1/1 Photo of Simple Lentil Salad
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I adapted this recipe from my friend Marian and Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery recipes. This is a great refreshing salad in the Summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash lentils.
- 2Add water to cover lentils, boil for 2 minutes.
- 3Add whole onion (studded with cloves), salt, and bay leaf.
- 4Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 1 hour.
- 5Bring to boil and cover.
- 6Simmer gently (to prevent breaking) for about 15 minutes (until tender, do not overcook).
- 7Drain, remove bay leaf and onion, then cool.
- 8Add scallions and parsley.
- 9Whisk olive oil and lemon juice to make an emulsion.
- 10Pour over lentil mixture and toss.
- 11Chill and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Lentil Salad
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.2
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 107.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: