Recipe by Shoanib
I love lentil soup and tomatoes and chunky veg, so experimented until I found a good combo! Cheap and easy to make, and very adaptable. I don't like to use salt in cooking, but I think this needs a little, unless you're using other herbs and spices.
- 5 -6 tablespoons lentils
- 1 onion
- 3 medium carrots
- 390 g chopped tomatoes
- tomato puree
- 1 1⁄2 vegetable bouillon cubes (oxo stock cubes)
- 1 liter water
- olive oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the stock cubes in a small amount of boiling water.
- Slice the onion and fry for 2 mins in a little olive oil. Meanwhile, chop the carrots and then add to the onions and fry for a further 2-3 mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and lentils, a generous squirt of tomato puree and the stock and water.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 25 mins then serve.