I love lemon meringue pie and I especially love a simple recipe that makes it tastes like it was more complicated!
- Combine lemon juice and grated lemon rind.
- Gradually stir lemon juice into sweetened condensed milk.
- Add egg yolks and stir until well blended.
- Pour into cooled pastry shell.
- In another bowl, add cream of tartar to egg whites, beat until almost stiff enough to hold a peak.
- Add sugar gradually, beating until stiff but not dry.
- Pile lightly on pie filling.
- Bake in 325 degree oven until browned, about 15 minutes.
- Cool before serving.