Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love lemon meringue pie and I especially love a simple recipe that makes it tastes like it was more complicated!
- 1 baked 8 inch pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 (15 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Combine lemon juice and grated lemon rind.
- Gradually stir lemon juice into sweetened condensed milk.
- Add egg yolks and stir until well blended.
- Pour into cooled pastry shell.
- In another bowl, add cream of tartar to egg whites, beat until almost stiff enough to hold a peak.
- Add sugar gradually, beating until stiff but not dry.
- Pile lightly on pie filling.
- Bake in 325 degree oven until browned, about 15 minutes.
- Cool before serving.