Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a simplified version of another recipe here on Recipezaar.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon gelatin
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 by 13-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- For Crust: In a large mixing bowl, beat with an electric mixer on low speed, the cake mix, butter and egg until well combined and smooth. Press cake mixture evenly into prepared pan and set aside.
- For Top Layer: In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon gelatin on medium speed until creamy. Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cake layer. Bake for 40 45 minutes or until cake barely starts to pull away from the sides. Cool completely before cutting.
Easy to make. They must be refrigerated. I used yellow cake mix and lemon extract.