1/1 Photo of Simple Lemon Cheesecake
2 hrs 20 mins
This was posted in the Montreal Gazette. Some one had requested a cheesecake made from the restaurant Franny's that has been closed for quite some time now. This is in time for Shavuot, which requires Jews to eat dairy during the holiday.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1For the crust:.
- 2Preheat the oven to 400 degrees f. Lightly butter an 8 inch springform pan.
- 3In a mixing bowl, combine crumbs with sugar, then with butter and press mixture int bottom of pan, packing it down with the base of a flat glass.
- 4Bake until golden about seven to ten minutes.
- 5For the Cheese filling:
- 6Keep the oven at 400 degrees F.
- 7In a medium bowl combine cream cheese and sugar blending until smooth. Blend in sour cream. Stir in beaten eggs, one third at a time. Stir in lemon juice, zest, and vanilla, blending well.
- 8Pour into baked crust and place in oven. Immediately turn heat down to 300 degrees F and bake for one hour or until cake begins to rise on the sides.
- 9Turn oven off. Open oven door and let cake sit in oven for another 30 minutes. Remove, set on rack.
- 10For cheesecake topping:.
- 11have the oven at 350 degrees F.
- 12In a medium bowl, combine all three ingredients, blending with a spoon until smooth.
- 13Spread over top of baked cheesecake. If cake has cracks, use topping to fill in the spaces.
- 14Bake until set, about 15 minutes. Cool completely before removing side of springform pan. Chill until ready to serve.
- 15Cheesecake can be wrapped closely in plastic and refrigerated for about four days or frozen two weeks. served chilled with fresh fruit or fruit coulis.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Lemon Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.1
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 229.5 mg
- Sodium 390.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 41.7 g
- Protein 9.9 g